Experience a community of support
Electric Service Support Center Technician B04/26/2019 Locations Manchester-NH
Job Description Summary:
THIS POSITION IS ALSO BEING POSTED AT THE ELECTRIC SERVICE SUPPORT CENTER TECHNICIAN C LEVEL (R-006807); HOWEVER, ONLY ONE POSITION WILL ULTIMATELY BE FILLED.
This position works as part of the Electric Service Support Center team responsible for the high volume of incoming calls and correspondence from its customers; with quality, timeliness, and efficiency.
Customer requests may include but are not limited to new installs, upgrades, and removal of electric service; for both residential and commercial customers.
Individual will receive and process incoming customer requests for service over the telephone, web, email, and facsimile, and will ensure all work requests are in usable form; i.e., complete customer information, contractor information, work request primary point(s) of contact, and description of work).
Individual will be team oriented and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
Interpreting and implementing numerous policies and procedures and providing superior customer service is a must to meet the job requirements.
- Individual will be responsible for obtaining information relevant to the design and construction of the service request and responding to questions from the customer; including but not limited to technical requirements for electric service connections, schedule dates, inspection requirements, and licensing and easement requirements.
- Individual will serve as the primary point of contact and advocate for the customer, contractor, and/or municipal official(s).
- Individual will be responsible for providing applicable upfront cost estimates.
- Individual will be responsible for processing electrical inspections, prepayments, and contributions in aid of construction from its customers.
- Individual will be responsible for certain non-design job types; from customer initiation to completion.
- Individual will continuously interact with Eversource employees across the organization; including but not limited to Engineering, Electric Operations, Customer Billing Services, and Remittance Services.
- Individual will support Engineering, Electric Operations and other areas as necessary with updating work requests with field notes, customer appointments, and work request progress.
Associate’s degree in electrical technology or the equivalent in combined education and experience plus two years of related electric distribution experience is required.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks requiring initiative, sound judgment, organization, and prioritization is required.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Utility and/or electrical experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code is preferred.
- Storms Work Management System experience and C2 experience is desired.
- Electrical License; Journeyman or Master Electrician is desired.
- Individual will have storm restoration and emergency duty assignments.
- Individual must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Applicants will be required to successfully pass the Technician aptitude test.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:0
SEO Category:Operations Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor