Experience a community of support
Distribution System Operator03/15/2019 Locations Manchester-NH
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Distribution Systems Operator
- Individual will plan, coordinate, direct and supervise switching and tagging, writing, checking and issuing clearances, monitoring of loads, emergency restoration, and associated reporting for the electric distribution system within an assigned region.
- Must coordinate these activities with the ESCC and other regions when system conditions cross jurisdictional lines.
- Will serve as switching director as assigned.
- Other responsibilities include: monitoring, operating, and maintaining electronic dispatch system including the operation of SCADA equipment.
- Analyzing trouble calls (tickets) and initiates corrective action with the appropriate Area Work Center function including call-out of personnel in accordance with established procedures.
- Directing corrective action as required by timing or circumstances, and informing appropriate system personnel of problems on the assigned region's electric distribution system and associated restoration progress;.
- Monitoring load and voltages on circuits and substation equipment during switching and peak periods to assure loading parameters are not exceeded.
- Implementing the assigned region's emergency response plan as required, and assisting at Area Work Center satellites and other regional operation centers during emergency storm restoration as assigned; maintaining the regional operations center electric model in the outage management system to reflect current system status.
- Monitoring SCADA, substation, and system alarms.
- Coordinating ESCC switching requirements for the assigned region between ESCC system dispatchers and appropriate region and/or Area Work Center personnel for assigned shift.
- Preparing, disseminating, and maintaining the assigned regional operations center records and reports in support of system operations; and coordinating with ESCC Black Start Procedure and emergency load shedding in accordance with current ESCC Operating Instructions and T&D Group
- Procedures Operating Instructions for assigned shift. Individual must also have the ability to recognize emergency situations and take prompt, appropriate actions with limited or no supervision. Individual will also be required to coordinate emergency pole sets with joint pole owners, including but not limited to notifying the appropriate parties, such as "Digsafe", Municipal and Private utilities as well as Third Party Attachees.
- An Associate's degree in electrical technology or the equivalent in combined education and experience and five years of related electrical utility experience is required.
- Must successfully pass the Pittsburgh Psychological test.
- Other requirements include: the ability to function under stressful emergency situations for extended periods of time.
- Thorough knowledge of the switching and tagging procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of electric distribution system operations.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable PC-based and mainframe applications; the ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of the organization and others involved with electric distribution operations.
- Ability to analyze electric distribution system problems and act accordingly.
- The ability to effectively direct the work of others.
- This position will require 24/7 shift rotation coverage. Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
Selected candidate(s) will be required to remain in the New Hampshire System Operations organization for a minimum of three years before applying to another posted position elsewhere within Eversource Energy.
Please include a resume with your application.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:5
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor