Experience a community of support
Contract Administrator11/15/2022 Locations Manchester-NH
- Works with Engineering lead, Project Manager and Procurement to develop contract requirements relative to specific work scope, tracks contractor performance expectations in conjunction with Project Management and Project Engineering, monitors contract compliance.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships.
- Administers the resolution of contract claims and change orders with the responsible Engineering lead and Project Manager.
- Administers a strong scope control process to contain out-of-scope charges.
- Administers the invoice control process and resolves invoicing questions. Periodically audits contractor invoices.
- Effectively communicates and coordinates with transmission & distribution project managers, project engineers, procurement and other project team members, on RFI, RFP, RFQ, ECN, Change Orders for transmission and engineering contract related matters.
- Assists in administering bi-weekly vendor selection committee meetings and adheres to controlled process, interacting with Project Engineers & Project Managers to set agenda, prepare request documentation, document meeting minutes and track awards.
- Tracks errors, problems, reworks and aggressively pursues back charges and warranty claims.
- Monitors vendor payments, reducing occurrence of duplicate charges, charges not billable under contract, overpayment errors. Periodically audits contractor invoices.
- Assures good documentation of contract decisions and closeout and all documents are filed appropriately,
- Attend pre-bid and post-bid bidder conference and participate in bid-evaluations meetings in collaboration with the project team.
- Review all Eversource Transmission and engineering service contracts to assure that contracts are formally closed to prevent improper avenue for future charges.
- Assures reporting to support Supplier Relationship Management Program requirements for assigned engineering contracts.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn computer technology including Maximo, Ariba, Microsoft Office, Access, Outlook, Power BI, e-Builder.
- Basic knowledge of contract administration principles, contracts and the application of contract administration including legal terms and conditions.
- Ability to work with a matrix team of individuals having diverse disciplines and levels of experience relative to contract issues.
- Ability to negotiate issues in a manner that achieves successful results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including formal presentations
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to initiate appropriate actions and to work independently.
- Ability to maintain well organized and easily retrieved files.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, or an equivalent degree.
Experience: Three to five years of closely related contract administration is required. Contract experience in the Transmission Business is desirable. Travel within Eversource territory may be required.
- Travel will be required to Eversource offices, project sites and contractor offices located in CT, MA and NH.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Must be able to proactively identify problematic trends and creative systematic solutions. Must be able to manage concurrent interface with multiple groups and navigate competing priorities.
- Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating and documenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results
Repetitive movement of hands and fingers through typing and writing. Reaching with hands and arms. Occasional standing, walking, stooping or bending.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:2
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.