Experience a community of support
Lineworker11/04/2019 Locations Lancaster-NH
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN LANCASTER, NH. INDIVIDUAL MUST LIVE WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF THIS AREA WORK CENTER.
The Lineworker constructs, installs, repairs, maintains and removes distribution and transmission circuits, substations and associated facilities. Other duties of the position include rigging poles on both energized and de-energized circuits, installing transformers, voltage regulators, capacitors and reclosures, replacing fuses, working on underground equipment and making repairs on energized equipment. In addition, the Lineworker may be required to perform tasks generally associated with lower rated classifications. This position requires mechanical aptitude, manual and finger dexterity, the ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and climb and work on poles and structures. The ultimate wage rate for this position is $45.04. The actual starting wage rate will be determined based on the selected candidate’s experience.
- The successful candidate will have a High School diploma or the equivalent and a minimum of 18 months of overhead electric line experience working on energized and de-energized lines.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of and the ability to apply electrical theory and a complete working understanding of Company line work practices and policies.
- Must have the ability to become a certified rubber glover of 34.5 kV.
- Must be available for and respond to outages, trouble calls, and system emergencies during normal and overtime hours, and reside within a geographical area defined as being within 30 minutes travel time to the assigned Area Work Center within six months of employment.
- Must provide line department standby on a rotating schedule basis.
- Must have the ability to obtain a valid Commercial Driver's license (Class A with Special Trailer Endorsement) and a safe driving record.
- Must have mechanical aptitude, a thorough knowledge of the electric transmission and distribution system, be analytical, alert, resourceful, and a work history that demonstrates safe work habits.
- The ability to perform moderately heavy physical work outdoors in all seasons and at times for extended periods.
- Must successfully pass the CAST aptitude test and/or a physical prescreen.
- Employee weight limit for this position is 300 pounds.
NOTE: The closing date is at 12:01 a.m. on date shown; interested candidates must apply by previous day.
Please include a resume
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor