Experience a community of support
Paving Supervisor/Supervisor Restoration10/16/2019 Locations Southborough-MA; Hyde Park-MA; New Bedford-MA; Plymouth-MA; Somerville-MA; Worcester-MA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.7 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for overseeing the paving and landscaping work plans with the overall master schedule to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of all distribution projects. Ensure that the Company and State Policies are adhered to.
- Supervises paving coordinators who will report directly to the Supervisor, Paving.
- Supports all gas operations in the prudent scheduling of contractors to ensure timely and cost-effective pavement restoration.
- Interacts with contractors, city and state officials, customers and district personnel to resolve paving-related issues.
- Ensures adherence to paving contracts.
- Performs Off Hour Coverage when necessary
- Ability to become Operator Qualified in all gas operations under the requirements of the D.O.T.(Department of Transportation).
- Supports Sameday and Landscaping requirements generated by both Capital and maintenance work across the state for Gas Operations.
- Ability to supervise paving coordinators; good supervisory skills.
- Requires working and technical knowledge of specific distribution construction standards, regulations and Company Operating and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years of general construction knowledge and paving experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Ability to work in active construction work zones. Ability to work extended day and weekends when required.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor