Experience a community of support
Working Foreman-Transmission Line08/19/2019 Locations Hooksett-NH
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
- Individual will supervise line crew(s) involved in the installation, maintenance and repairs of the underground and overhead electric transmission system and distribution Rights-of-Way.
- Oversee equipment, materials, and record-keeping duties to include completion of time sheets for crew members as well as tailboard documentation.
- Install and remove transmission structures and related apparatus, patrol and inspect the transmission system, and construct and maintain assets in Rights-of-Way on both energized and de-energized circuits.
- Train, instruct, and mentor Lineworkers to ensure that safety rules and procedures are followed.
- Ensure all safety rules and procedures are followed by all employees daily.
- Evaluate the performance of each crew member and initiate additional training or corrective action as may be necessary to bring performance up to standard.
- Recommend promotions, demotions and discipline through proper documentation.
- Coordinate and schedule work assignments.
- Conduct tailboards, and truck and trailer inspections.
- Ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner, on schedule, and within budget.
- Provide first response coverage to off-hour emergency trouble calls and investigate, correct, and clear trouble.
- Individual could be asked to accept standby duty responsibilities throughout the year, which consists of being available via telephone and/or pager during this duty.
- Accept temporary responsibility for Field Supervisor-Transmission Lines and in the daily operation of the transmission system in their absence.
- Work with emergency services, such as fire and police to accomplish a safe environment.
- Enforce Company environmental policies and procedures on each job site. Perform the duties of a Transmission Lineworker I (RG 34.5).
- A High School diploma or the equivalent and a combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Transmission Lineworker I (RG 34.5) is required.
- A minimum of three years as a Transmission Lineworker I (RG 34.5) is strongly preferred.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply electrical theory and a complete working understanding of Company line work practices and policies is required.
- Must have the ability to become a certified rubber glover of 34.5 kV.
- A Commercial Driver's license (Class A with Tractor Trailer Endorsement is required or able to obtain within six months of hire date).
- A safe driving record is also required.
- This position requires mechanical aptitude, manual and finger dexterity.
- The ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and climb and work on poles and structures.
- To qualify for the position an individual must meet the requirements associated with standby coverage, and provide such coverage.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments. Will also be required to work overtime when needed. Employee weight limit for this position is 300 pounds.
Employees will work an 8 hour schedule from 7:00am through 3:00pm, Monday through Friday. Employees may work a 4/10 schedule. The specific hours of a 4/10 schedule may occur at any time or frequency throughout the year. Employees will use Legends Drive, Hooksett, New Hampshire as a base reporting location. They may also, as deemed necessary by the Company, report to specific job sites from the Tilton AWC territory south to the New Hampshire/Massachusetts border and, from the Keene AWC territory easterly to the Portsmouth AWC territory. Such reporting will take place at 7:00am unless a reporting time change is mutually agreed upon.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:2
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor