Experience a community of support
System Performance & Investments Intern-Summer202011/14/2019 Locations Hartford-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
- Transmission and Substation Equipment Performance:
- Develops operational strategies for the utilization of asset resources, considering asset life cycle planning and risk analysis.
- Analyzes Transmission and Substation reliability, including goal setting, reporting, and System Operations Review Committee activities
- Develops and issues transmission system performance measures; Identifies gaps and opportunities for future project performance improvements.
- Facilitates the creation and maintenance of the Transmission and Substation asset database
- Implements and supports tri-state processes for consistent collection and management of asset data
- Performs asset data analysis to support asset management strategies and equipment replacement programs.
- Communicates the Asset Management strategy throughout Eversource and to external parties as necessary.
- Capital Program Development:
- Provides input to the development of the Transmission Business capital budget
- Identifies, initiates, and prioritizes projects for inclusion in the one-year and five-year Capital Budget Plan
- Works with Engineering, Project Management, and Cost Estimating to develop detailed project scope, cost, and schedule.
- Leads interdisciplinary project team to select the best solution, document alternatives analysis, and present project approval justifications to the Solution Design Committee and/or Eversource Project Approval Committee
Education/Experiences: Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor’s in Engineering Technology
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor