Experience a community of support
Summer Intern - Distribution Design Engineering12/26/2019 Locations Hartford-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Assist with the planning function and performance for all assigned circuits.
• Assist in identifying benefits from individual projects and predicted desired outcomes.
• Provide engineering support for specific projects.
• Assist with engineering resolutions for multiple outages in the Distribution System
• Create field work in current work management system. • Assist DDE/Lead until proficient in support of the following: • EMF communications and/or measurements for customers. • Real Estate Department and Customer to negotiate easements as required. • Account Executives with customer quality of service issues. • Operations with distribution issues. This includes review switching, develop contingency plans, prioritizing work, monitoring yellow tags, etc. • Engineering support to Field Engineering Design • P&CE on developing Recloser and Breaker settings.
• Considers safety in all circuit analysis.
• Makes direct contact with customer and develop corrective actions.
• Provide regulator and capacitor control settings for Electrical Maintenance.
• Assist in outage, voltage, and power quality investigations and will engineer corrective action to prevent reoccurrence. Provide reports as required.
• Works with DDE/Lead in the development of distribution projects and will be required to present to the Connecticut Project Authorization Committee CTPAC for approval.
• Evaluate proposed DG interconnection applications.
• Review and implement annual procedures, (e.g. TD941).
• Utilize electronic software tools to model and analyze the distribution system (SynerGee, PTI, USAmp, PI, Visio, etc.)
• Other related duties as assigned, including support to SOC
• Will have nonexclusive, non-supervisory, storm restoration and emergency assignments.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Worker Type:Student / Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor