Experience a community of support
Lead Engineer06/27/2019 Locations Hartford-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Role and Scope of the Position:
This position has the primary responsibility for leading a team of engineers, in support of the design, construction, maintenance and operation of Transmission Lines on the Eversource System in CT and Western MA. This position provides Transmission Line & Civil Engineering group day-to-day technical guidance to assist the development of Transmission Projects with regards to design requirements, regulatory and environmental impact mitigation, low costs solutions, and engineering best. This requires familiarity with design codes, theories, and the relevant software packages. Specific duties include: design and analysis of overhead and underground transmission lines, design of line supporting structures, foundation designs, clearance evaluations, development of documentation for regulatory and siting agencies (including drawings, reports, interrogatory responses, etc.), representation of TL&CE in industry, legal and regulatory proceedings, and other duties as required. The Lead Engineer is also responsible for the supervision, development and coaching of the TL&CE project design team (including time sheet review and approvals and mid-year and yearly reviews).
Supervision/Leadership of Team:
- Supervises the performance of the Capital Projects Team of TL&CE. Develops employees using performance management, coaching, and, as appropriate, rotational assignments.
- Develop training materials for incumbent and new employees in the technical requirements required for work within TL&CE
Support of Capital Investment Program:
- Support in drafting documents for the initiation of projects including estimates, project justifications and scopes, full project initiation submittals, drawings, photographs, etc.
- Support of the design of overhead transmission lines using PLS-CADD and associated software.
- Development of siting and permitting technical details including drawings and public presentations. To be followed by support of siting in permitting in public forums representing TL&CE
- Development and oversight of design details, specifications, material lists, drawing packages to be issued for procurement of transmission materials and construction of transmission facilities.
- Supervise the documentation of newly constructed Transmission Line facilities.
Support of Maintenance and Operations groups at Eversource Energy:
- Support the maintenance and operation of Transmission Line facilities on the Eversource System with engineering analysis
- Review external uses of Eversource rights-of-way against Eversource Standards
- Analyze data from the field about the condition of Transmission Line Assets and provide technical guidance regarding replacement and/or remediation.
- Assist other organizations within Eversource with information and guidance regarding transmission facilities. These groups can include (but are not limited to): Plant Accounting, Transmission Asset Management, Real Estate, Legal, Regulatory Policy & Planning, Governmental Affairs, Customer Service, etc.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required. A civil/electrical/mechanical engineering degree is preferred. An advanced degree in Engineering or Business Administration is desirable. A Professional Engineer’s License is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of eight (8) years of related experience is required. Experience in the technical, operational or engineering aspects of the electric utility industry and supervisory experience is strongly preferred. Experience in one or more aspects of the job is required and transmission experience is strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: A valid driver’s license.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor