Experience a community of support
Engineer - Asset Management05/02/2019 Locations Hartford-CT
Job Description Summary:
- Transmission and Substation Equipment Performance:
- Develops operational strategies for the utilization of asset resources, taking into account asset life cycle planning and risk analysis.
- Analyzes Transmission and Substation reliability, including goal setting, reporting, System Operations Review committee activities, and developing strategies for improvement.
- Develops and issues additional Transmission System performance measures, identifying gaps and opportunities in performance to improve future project performance.
- Facilitates the creation and maintenance of the Transmission and Substation asset database, including the asset conditions and lifecycle planning.
- Implements tri-state processes for consistent collection and management of equipment data to support asset management strategies and equipment programs.
- Communicates the Asset Management strategy throughout Eversource and to external parties as necessary.
- Capital Program Development:
- Providing input to the development of the Transmission Business capital budget and the prioritization of the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) initiatives, ensuring that Eversource’s highest priority needs are met.
- Identifies and prioritizes projects for inclusion in the One-Year Capital Budget Plan and development of detailed project scope and schedule. Interfaces with Transmission Planning and Operations and Management to create the capital and O&M parts of the plan, respectively.
- Participates in the development of the five-year, three-state Transmission and Substation Capital Budget.
- Facilitates Transmission & Substation benchmarking efforts including identifying best practices and opportunities for future improvement. Uses the input to oversee the development of strategies, tools and procedures for managing Transmission assets.
- Coordinates various compliance requirements including FAC-008 thermal rating updates between discipline engineering groups. Reviews projects to determine necessary updates and rating calculations. Coordinates monthly meetings and milestones with outage planning and works with ISO-NE to submit updates.
- Knowledge of transmission and substation power system planning, engineering, maintenance, and operations.
- A combination of strong technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Understanding of the Federal and New England Regulatory environment and the impact for the Transmission Business.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents.
- Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues, and develop strategies and plans.
- Working knowledge of information technology and use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems.
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make formal presentations and translate technical information into terms that are meaningful to the audience.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Ability to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft Excel databases and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL or similar programming ability) is highly desirable. Experience using CASCADE strongly preferred.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required. An electrical engineering degree is preferred. Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Economics is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of related experience is required. Experience in the technical, operational or engineering aspects of the electric utility industry is strongly preferred. Experience in one or more aspects of the job is required and transmission experience is strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: None
Problem Solving & Complexity:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently in an office setting where they are required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and may occasionally be required to visit a Company facility where they would be required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
· The employee is occasionally exposed to uneven terrain and outside weather conditions.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Engineering Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor