Experience a community of support
Administrative Assistant A (Sw)08/04/2022 Locations Hartford-CT
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA, and NH. We’re proud to provide safe, reliable service to 4.3 million electricity, natural gas, and water customers. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Performs varied, complex, and confidential secretarial and administrative work, requiring initiative, judgment, and broad knowledge of Company organization, policies, practices, and procedures. Acts for the principal in matters not requiring his/her presence. May guide and direct other secretarial/clerical personnel in the performance of delegated assignments.
- Structures, organizes and expedites the activities and workflow of the department. Prioritizes schedules, develops, and initiates a system of follow-up for projects, meetings, and issues to assure the efficient and effective management of the office.
- Manages various administrative projects. Participates in gathering research and generates reports as needed. Notifies project staff of timelines and required completion dates.
- Prepares and compiles information for review. May gather information from other staff members. May recommend actions to be taken based on the gathered information.
- Maintains, updates, and publishes event calendar - trade shows, conferences, speaking opportunities, customer events, etc. Responsible for planning trade shows and exhibition activities. Maintains the inventory of marketing materials.
- Identify problems and communicate the problem to the supervisor. Seeks the resources to problem-solve,
- which may require multiple steps to achieve completion. Keeps stakeholders well informed of progress and timetable.
- Follows through on customer inquiries, requests, or complaints by either providing information or referring the customer to the appropriate person.
- Provide general administrative support that may include, but is not limited to, sending/receiving faxes, purchasing office supplies/stationery, business cards, assisting with departmental mailings, setting up and maintaining files, invoice processing, data entry, etc.
- May order and set up office equipment; requests maintenance if necessary.
- Makes necessary travel arrangements, including ground transportation and hotel accommodations. May prepare travel itineraries.
- Makes arrangements and coordinates details for on- and off-site meetings, conferences, and special events.
- Possesses general knowledge of department processes and procedures. Maintains procedures manual for the department.
- Ability to provide work direction and training to others. Answers questions about office process(es).
- Demonstrates willingness to learn and stay abreast of developments in office technology and industry.
- Works cooperatively with other members of the department. Ability to work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups.
- Advanced level skill within Microsoft Office Suite including Excel (using multiple sheets and workbooks, logical Operators ("AND" and "OR"), creating charts, and pivot tables), Word (creating a mail merge, creating labels, adding form fields, hiding text, recording and running macros, adding tables of contents, inserting footnotes and endnotes, working with XML, and linking to Excel worksheets) and PowerPoint (creating and modifying tables, working with graphs and charts, rearranging slides, adding and modifying slide backgrounds, creating a custom design template, adding transitions).
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Must work effectively under the pressure of deadlines and possess the ability to juggle conflicting priorities. Willingly accepts last-minute rush assignments.
- Requires good human relation skills, and the ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization. Excellent telephone and receptionist skills. Must work well with diverse personalities.
- Ability to respond calmly and professionally when faced with difficult situations.
- Works closely with internal and external customers to provide superior customer service in a timely and efficient manner.
- May be asked to assist with tactical and transactional Procurement duties (DR writing, PO processing, reports, etc).
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- One (1) to three (3) years of administrative/clerical experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignments as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to the manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have an honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on-the-job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross-functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of the team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume when completing your application online.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.