Experience a community of support
Survey Technician05/08/2022 Locations Dorchester-MA
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
POSITION: 1-Survey Technician
DEPARTMENT: Survey & GIS Records
LOCATION: Dorchester, MA
STARTING RATE OF PAY: $33.68
CURRENTLY POSTED HOURS: 7:30AM – 4PM
**Union Represented Position**
Incumbents are responsible for performing land survey and the preparation of petitioning plan packages to be used in the grants of location, easements and/or licensed agreements for distribution assets in the public and private way. Street Opening permits are not included.
ILLUSTRATIVE DUTIES: (Major duties of a continuing nature are described here.)
1. Responsible for preparing petitioning plans and traffic control plans to be used for grants of location, easements and I or licensed agreements for Distribution assets in the public and private way
2. Conducts land surveying and related activities using equipment and technology common to the industry including computer aided surveying systems and geographic positioning systems.
3. Maintains efficient workflow for the processing of plan orders and requests.
4. Obtains layouts and ownership data from public records (City Halls, Town Halls, Registry of Deeds), other utilities and engineering firms and prepares and revises petitioning plans showing locations of construction information by other utilities.
5. Tracks the status of petitioning plans on work orders by receiving and reconciling paperwork from the appropriate systems.
6. Participates, on an as needed basis, in the conduct of training and educating Company/customer personnel i n the understanding and use of all records systems pertaining to distribution and transmission work.
7. Provides general support for the customers. This includes activities in the design, construction and petitioning plan development stages as needed to support the flow of work.
8. Utilizes computer application tools such as, but not limited to, the Company's Work Management System, Customer Information System, Geographical Information System, PC based applications and others needed to manage workflow.
1. Technical education evidenced by an Associates Degree in Survey Technology or equivalent certification from a technical school of collegiate grade. This degree, or equivalent formal technical education, must be in a field applicable to the engineering and/or technical activities of the Survey Department.
2. Requires two years of experience in computer aided drafting (AutoCAD), field survey or equivalent.
3. Massachusetts Driver’s License and approved to operate company vehicles.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.