Experience a community of support
Lead Engineer, Distribution Management System09/13/2021 Locations Dorchester-MA
Role and Scope of Position: Lead Engineer, DMS is responsible for directly supporting the execution of the Company’s distribution management system implementation related to the operation of the Company’s electric distribution system. Individual will support multi-disciplinary teams responsible for all phases of implementation including technology review and selection; defining project budget, scope and timeline; designing and configuring the DMS system; project management; internal and external reporting and tracking; and stakeholder engagement. Individual will also support efforts to research and develop plans for additional modernization opportunities including investigation and assessment of new tools and technologies relevant to the modernization of the electric distribution system. Essential Functions:
- Plan Eversource's Distribution Management System deployment
- Define vendor's statement of work to deliver solution that meets Eversource's requirements
- Support all procurement activities related to the DMS project
- Lead the detailed design for the distribution model build in collaboration with Engineering, System Operations, GIS, and IT
- Develop and document new processes that are required to maintain distribution management system
- Support training for System Operations
- Develop tools and methods to process and organize data from multiple sources in order to design and verify engineering models and databases.
- Support internal and external tracking and reporting requirements associated with the DMS project, including reporting of metrics related to the achievement of project benefits.
- Support multi-disciplinary teams across three states from distribution engineering, system planning, substation engineering, telecommunications engineering, standards, system operations, field operations, IT, regulatory, legal, community relations, corporate strategy and other groups to ensure effective and efficient implementation of grid modernization programs
- Work collaboratively across the organization to gain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s strengths, weaknesses and opportunities in order to support cross-functional efforts to develop and refine grid modernization strategic plans.
- Investigate new technologies and tools in the industry, and assess the relevance of and benefit to the Company’s grid modernization efforts.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Thorough understanding of electrical engineering concepts such as power flow, stability voltage regulation, power factor, losses etc.; experience modeling electric distribution systems; ability to manipulate data from large data sets to provide specific engineering results; familiarity with grid modernization technologies; familiarity with electric distribution operational systems such as DMS, OMS, SCADA, distribution automation, etc…;demonstrated competency and proficiency in oral and written communications. Ideal candidate is customer driven; displays initiative as a change agent with a can-do attitude; accepts responsibility and accountable; participates in and facilitates team effectiveness;
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology (MS or MBA preferred)
Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years in the technical, operational, or engineering aspects of the electrical utility industry. Supervisory or Management experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: None.
Working Conditions: Travel throughout the service territory is frequently required. Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, and writing and typing.
Problem Solving & Complexity: Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and remain self-directed is required. Work includes technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Physical Aspects: Daily use of a computer and other office type equipment.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor