Experience a community of support
GIS Technician01/26/2023 Locations Dorchester-MA
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
POSITION: 1-GIS Technician
DEPARTMENT: Survey & Records
LOCATION: Dorchester, MA
STARTING RATE OF PAY: $34.69
CURRENTLY POSTED HOURS: 7:00am – 3:30pm
**Union Represented Position**
GIS Technicians are responsible for performing GIS editing assignments by utilizing state of the art GIS systems and related company software and databases.
- Associate’s Degree in GIS Technology or equivalent
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with ArcGIS; or Bachelor’s Degree in GIS
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Experience with mapping electric distribution & transmission assets is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and intuition, capable of making decisions based on analysis and experience
- Comfortable with vector data formats and data specifications
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments successfully
- Proven abilities to develop, document, and enhance processes
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skill
- Massachusetts Driver’s License
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.