Experience a community of support
Financial Analyst10/24/2019 Locations Dorchester-MA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Financial Analyst provides financial support to the organization; coordinates and supports the Monthly Financial Reports; develops the departments’ financial budgets and five-year financial forecasts; regulatory planning; project analysis; and, development of different reporting tools. The Financial Analyst provides financial and performance reporting for the Grid Modernization project. This includes monthly cost and production tracking against metrics determined by the MA DPU in their soon to be released order for the Grid Modernization docket.
- Coordinates, develops, supports and monitors the monthly cost and performance tracking of all metrics associate with the Grid Modernization program to ensure each component is properly reported and supported. Ensures compliance with all corporate critical path schedules.
- Reviews, validates and adopts financial model runs.
- Communicates results and related issues and their implication to management.
- Communicates results of an any issues with Grid Modernization cost and performance progress including recommendations for course correctio management.
- Coordinates and developments financial projections with input from affected groups and disciplines from across the company including financial forecasting, regulatory, corporate and field functional areas and accounting.
- Prepares financial projections for presentation to executive management.
- Ensures communication through reports to departmental management on a monthly basis for any specific operating and financial performance information such as budget versus actual and current versus prior year actual comparisons for making management decisions or evaluation of trends.
- Coordinates with all departmental areas on financial and business reporting requirements.
- Works effectively with all levels of management in order to provide financial analysis and problem-solving recommendations.
- Supports the development of rate case timelines and strategies as well as rate case proceedings, as it pertains to Grid Modernization investments.
· Knowledge and experience with capital and expense budgeting processes
· Knowledge and experience developing and implementing corporate strategies and initiatives
· Strong knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability in all areas of financial reporting, analyses and financial model management
· Understanding of financial statements and financial modeling
· Thorough understanding of the organization
· Financial acumen including a basic understanding of financial concepts
· Financial modeling capabilities
· Strong detail orientation as well as the ability to be thorough and precise
· Ability to work effectively with various levels within the organization
· Ability to use and apply sound judgment
· Team membership
· Strong customer focus
· Functional understanding of computerized business systems
· Demonstrated skill with MS Office applications (specifically Word and Excel)
· Ability to multi-task and shift among multiple priorities simultaneously
· Spoken and written communications
· Initiative and personal ownership
Education/Experiences: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a closely-related discipline required. Active work towards or completion of a related advanced degree preferred. A minimum of 5 years related experience required.
Licenses & Certifications: Must hold a valid motor vehicle driver’s license
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor