Experience a community of support
Senior Estimator Standard Work Design, Gas10/16/2019 Locations Berlin-CT; Danielson-CT; East Windsor-CT; Meriden-CT; Newtown-CT; Norwalk-CT; Waterbury-CT; Waterford-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for the development of gas project Standard Program work packages. Standard Program work includes pipe of 12” diameter or less, operating at 99 psig or less but is not limited to: main and service replacement projects, effected cast iron mains and encroachments, new business gas projects, new gas services, and standard commercial/industrial meter sets. Responsible for developing estimates for large capital projects with the Gas Organization.
- Identifies requirements and design specifications for new gas facilities and modifications to existing gas facilities.
- Provides support initiating and managing funding projects in PowerPlan.
- Prepares project estimates, project documents, and related work orders in the work management system.
- Evaluates, specifies and procures materials for associated project work.
- Develops estimates for large capital projects.
- Identifies and quantifies project risks and associated risk/contingency cost impacts and clarifications
- Responsible for the timely redesigns of existing work packages to support field changes when applicable.
- Participates in the development and updating of compatible units used to support project estimating and design efforts in the work management system.
- Evaluates opportunities to utilize alternative technology in pursuit of cost reductions, increased productivity and reduced environmental impacts.
- Prepares documents necessary for permitting and construction or work with contract engineering firms to do so, as needed.
- As directed, supports contract specifications development, bid preparation and bid evaluation
Thorough knowledge of Eversource Work Management and budget systems.
Thorough knowledge of gas distribution operations including engineering, construction, and maintenance practices, as well as Federal, State, and company codes and regulations.
Knowledge of general computer applications including but not limited to MS Office.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline.
Five (5) to eight (8) years of directly related experience. In addition, applicable cross functional experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
ASPE, ICEAA, or AACE estimator certification preferred.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which involves sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
Job can require drives to different geographic locations to visit field sites or attend meetings as necessary.
Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating and documenting.
This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
Raise ideas for improvement
Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor