Experience a community of support
Field Engineering Designer06/21/2022 Locations Danielson-CT
- Maintains and builds customer relationships by ensuring customer requests are met in a timely fashion.
- Designs layouts for service additions and changes to the Company electric system using Company approved standards and policies.
- Performs technical calculations and prepares work orders as assigned.
- Communicates internally and externally the Company requirements for electric service installation.
- Designs, negotiates, and coordinates the installation of residential, commercial, and industrial services including the preparation of cost estimates, work orders, and written service agreements as assignee works with others (e.g. Supervisors, Sr. Consultants, Engineers) to prepare work orders for larger commercial and industrial service installations.
- Prepares easement documents and private property permits as required for services and extensions on private property.
- Designs, negotiates and coordinates the relocation of overhead and underground facilities, including the preparation of work orders and cost estimates as assigned.
- Recommends designs and coordinates installation of residential streetlights. Prepares work orders for the installation of security lighting and unmetered services for customers. Prepares residential or commercial contracts as assigned.
- Performs analysis/assistance in emergency restoration in the facilitation of restoration efforts. Expected to work beyond regular business hours as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An Associate’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or related field or a High School diploma or the equivalent and one year of formal technical training is required.
Four to Six (4-6) years of related electrical distribution experience is required.
Refer to Time Merit Progression (TMP) for experience required for each step.
- Technical Skills: Sound knowledge of electrical distribution systems and construction standards and techniques.
- Internal Contacts: Various departments, Customer Service, Transportation, Stores, IT, Telecommunications personnel/departments, Real Estate, Analysts, Planners, Managers and Supervisors, Engineers, Circuit Owners, Zone Managers and Clerical / Secretarial support.
- External Contacts: Customers, contractors, municipal and state contact persons, business and utility representatives.
- Challenges: Meet internal and external customer expectations and improve overall customer satisfaction. Work to better New Service work performance and overall efficiency. Be cost conscious. Reduce the number of rewrites necessary on each project.
- Freedom to Act: Determines detail design, applicable fees, easement requirements, permitting requirements and locations for service requests. Uses independent judgment and discretion in applying appropriate Engineering Standards and appropriate Business Policies. Is on the alert for unsafe acts or conditions while traveling within the work areas and reacts accordingly.
- Safety Awareness: continually demonstrate that safety is required for successful completion of all work assignments.
- Negotiation - Effective exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties' support and acceptance.
- Teamwork(Cooperation)·Active participation in, and facilitation of, team effectiveness; taking actions that demonstrate consideration for the feelings and needs of others; being aware of the effect of one’s behavior on others.
- Judgment (Problem Solution) - Committing to an action after developing alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information and that take into consideration resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Customer Service Orientation - Making efforts to listen to and understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Sound knowledge of electrical distribution systems and construction standards and techniques.
Bargaining unit employees under the TEAL contract will be given first consideration. In addition, this position is being posted internally and externally.
Candidates must successfully pass the TECH Test.Qualified candidates must submit a resume with their online application.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.