Experience a community of support
Supervisor, Field Operations, Gas04/04/2023 Locations Brockton-MA
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!This position provides direct supervision of internal, external, and on call work crews. Oversees resources and personnel engaged in the operation, maintenance and construction of Eversource Energy gas distribution systems. This position is multi-faceted with responsibilities that include integrated planning and scheduling, execution of fieldwork activities, adhering to Company and regulatory rules and procedures, performance measurement, coaching, safety adherence, mentoring and various administration duties. Prepares and executes maintenance and construction activities along with coordination and schedules. Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of utility construction, operations, maintenance, and service delivery.
- Assign, direct and oversee work performed by Specialists
- Plans, organizes, and manages the Gas Maintenance and Construction field workload through accurate coordination and scheduling, with others.
- Exercises independent judgment in the supervision and oversight of in-house crews and contractors engaged in the operation, maintenance and construction of Eversource gas distribution system.
- Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of utility construction, operations, maintenance and service delivery.
- Exercises independent judgment in serving as the on-scene supervisor to outages. Responds to and classifies reported gas leaks. Ensures all engineering and gas control procedures are followed.
- Participates in the supervisory on-call rotation, which involves assigning and directing the work of unionized internal work crews.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective weekly safety meetings and ensuring all related procedures, standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Ensures that work performed by Specialists and internal/external crews is in accordance with appropriate Company standards and work methods including monitoring the work of Specialists and internal/external crews for a high quality of workmanship and productivity.
- Responsible for providing complete, accurate and timely work packages for work crews including required permits, dig safe authorization, drawings and other related instructions.
- Monitors current and future workload of Specialists and internal crews alike to ensure district plans and schedules maximize productivity, control costs and meet or exceeds service level agreements.
- Ensures rigorous compliance with regulatory and Company work rules and procedures.
- Initiates, and conducts investigations concerning appropriate disciplinary action for Specialists and other unionized employees when required. Understands and complies with the labor contract and works to resolve initial grievances.
- Participate in hiring panels involving the recruitment of Specialists
- Reviews and approves billing for accuracy and completeness, in accordance with contract language
- Requires knowledge of gas distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes
- Requires project and schedule management skills including computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools
- Working knowledge of the labor contracts
- Requires communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, attention to detail, and teamwork skills
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Gas Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers or utility operations
- Supervisory experience preferred
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
- Work is conducted outside, in varied conditions and terrain including adverse weather conditions, and in a normal office environment. Work requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing, completion of paperwork, using a telephone and computer and attending meetings.
- Drives to various job site locations and customer premises to supervise work, and review or discuss construction job requirements.
- May work with computers for long periods of time during the day. Subject to shift work including weekends.
- Off-hour on-call responsibility will be required on a rotational basis.
- At times, requires working long hours in response to outage situations and shift coverage requirements.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.