Backhoe Operator (Gas)02/24/2023
Locations Brockton, Massachusetts
If you are looking for a hands-on career or the opportunity to lead a team, then Operations may be for you. They are the main source of providing our customers with the essential product that makes their lives easier—power. Whether you're working with electricity or natural gas, you'll use your mechanical skills in a hands-on job and deliver results to our customers on a daily basis. You'll work collaboratively with a variety of people and departments and learn about different parts of the business while making a big impact for our customers and communities. You'll receive a variety of training to help you learn how to do your job safely. Training typically includes classroom instruction, e-learning, field simulations and on-the-job learning with a peer coach.
Job Level - Entry, Mid,
Travel between CT/MA/NH
may be required
We are Eversource
At Eversource, our mission is to safely deliver reliable energy and superior customer service to our electric, natural gas and water customers across New England. We do this ethically, respectfully and honestly to meet the expectations of our customers, regulators and ourselves.
What makes a successful Gas Operations team member?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Detail Oriented
- We are dedicated to our employees and customers
- Safety is a core value at Eversource
- We live out our mission of delivering reliable energy
- We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees, customers and stakeholders are respected and valued
Entry Level DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Skilled Craft Worker DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Crew Leads DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Foreman DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Supervisor DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Manager DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Director DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Backhoe Operator (Gas)02/24/2023
Locations: Brockton, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Rate of pay: $49.84 hourly
Location: Brockton, MA
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 7:00AM – 3:30PM (shifts may be required)
***Union Represented Position***
ROLE & SCOPE:
The Backhoe Operator is responsible for assuring that all gas construction and maintenance work that is completed is performed in accordance with Company, State, and Federal regulations. This includes inspections, repairs, and leak survey. In addition, The Backhoe Operator is responsible for safely operating and maintaining backhoe equipment when called upon.
1. High School Education or equivalent
2. Gas Distribution experience preferred.
3. Experience working with heavy equipment.
6. CDL drivers preferred (must obtain within six months of employment)
7. Ability and willingness to perform heavy physical work indoors and outdoors in all seasons and at times for extended periods.
8. Must have a work history that demonstrates safe work habits.
9. Hoisting License 2A or 2B required.
10. Must pass and maintain all operator qualification requirements dictated by department.
11. Must pass pulmonary function test and meet OSHA requirements.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Eversource employees are committed to providing reliable energy and superior customer service—and that's why we are committed to providing our employees with a highly competitive total rewards package. In addition to wages and salaries, the benefit programs Eversource offers its employees and family members are a significant part of the total rewards.
Healthcare, Wellness & Disability Protection for you and your Family
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision Plans, choose the coverage that is right for you and your family
- High deductible health plan option, with generous health savings account (HSA), employer contribution, ($500 individual; $1,000 employee +1 or more)
- Company-paid employee life and accident insurance and options to purchase additional coverage for you and your family
- An award-winning Wellness Program provides up to $200 annually for employees and spouses to adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles
- Health and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Sick Time, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Plans
Work/Life Balance Benefit Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Multi-faceted Behavioral Health Program
- Care@Work Program (child/elder care), membership/stipend for emergency services
- Adoption Assistance (eligible employees)
- Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Refinancing & Student Debt Counselling
- Voluntary benefits platform to access discounted home & auto, identity protection and pet insurance
- Charity donation gift matching
- Volunteer hours at local charities with rewards to our Wellness Program
- Generous time off
- Business Resource Groups for social connection and career development
Retirement Benefits for a Secure Future
- 401k: Up to 100% Employer Match on first 3% of employee's contributions
- K-Vantage: Additional Employer Contribution to the 401k based on age and years of service (2.5% to 6.5%)
- Med-Vantage HRA: Age 40+, receive annual $1,000 contribution to an HRA for post-employment qualified medical expenses
Early Career Opportunites:
Associate Development Programs & Internship Opportunities
It's an exciting time to work in the Energy Industry! Are you interested in working in a growing, dynamic field that's helping to build the clean energy grid of the future? We also have summer internship opportunities in these areas that are great segues into the full time Development Programs upon graduation.
- Gas Engineering Development Program
- Transmission Development Program
- Associate Construction Representative Program
- Engineering Professional Development Program