Experience a community of support
Working Foreman, Automotive04/10/2023 Locations Berlin-NH
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA, and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Individual will perform the work as well as supervise and coordinate the work performed by fleet technicians.
Under limited supervision:
- Responsible for preventive and corrective maintenance on the heavy fleet including hybrid electric applications, aerial units and associated equipment.
- Makes repairs to engines, chassis, brake work, tire work, aerial units, hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics and other general repairs on trucks and equipment in the Area Work Centers, at the Automotive Maintenance Center and roadside response.
- Responsible for ordering and issuing parts, materials, tools and equipment to enable efficient operations.
- Provides training to and instructs others within the department; Plans, schedules and reviews work performed and evaluates subordinates
- Identifies appropriate procedural methods; and make decisions based on analysis of information
- Works effectively with subordinates; superiors, interfacing departments and vendors
- Analyzes operational methods and develops improved procedures as needed
- Interprets Company policies, procedures and practices
- Requires mechanical aptitude, ability to perform physical requirements of the position, manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to communicate effectively, including being able to follow detailed written instructions.
- Ability to read schematics and wiring diagrams, use basic hand, machine and power tools, operate test equipment, diagnostic equipment, computers and be able to diagnose and repair electrical and mechanical problems are required.
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Proven safe driving record
- Ability to work alone and be self-directed
- Associate Degree in automotive / diesel technology or the equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Three (3) years of experience with diesel – heavy trucks and heavy equipment is required
- Previous supervisory experience and/or technical direction of others is helpful.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Ability to implement environmental and safety procedures, train others, and participate on teams or committees to help improve processes is also desired
Licenses & Certifications:
- Commercial Driver’s License (Class A) or the ability to obtain this license within 6 months.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please attach a resume when completing an online application.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.