Experience a community of support
Team Leader - Transmission Rates and Revenue Requirements09/05/2019 Locations Berlin-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Team Leader, Transmission Rates and Revenue Requirements assists the Director in the preparation and review of the financial components of Eversource Energy’s transmission regulatory filings to ensure a fair balance among the interests of regulators, customers and shareholders. Effectively manage direct reports in addition to providing direction and oversight to other team members. Lead complex, cross-functional projects through the regulatory filing process.
- Prepare/review transmission rate filings at FERC and provide support for retail transmission rate recovery proceedings.
- Prepare/review responses to FERC Notices of Inquiry and Notices of Proposed Rulemaking on transmission rate, revenue requirement and financial matters.
- Testify in various jurisdictions (FERC and State regulatory agencies) on transmission rate matters.
- Participate in technical discussions for transmission rate settlement negotiations and informational sessions.
- Develop strategic analyses to support transmission regulatory filings and initiatives.
- Monitor the financial and strategic impacts of transmission rate regulatory developments, trends and new precedents. Summarize and share developments with key stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Lead the annual transmission rate protocol process. Ensure appropriate assignment, tracking, review and sign-offs take place for all data exchange, informal and formal challenge responses.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation, review, and defense of transmission revenue requirement calculations and associated compliance filings.
- Collaborate effectively with several key business areas on a variety of transmission rate related activities, including customer rate impacts, earnings analyses and other ad hoc analyses.
- Provide financial guidance and support to the transmission group.
- Effectively develop and monitor direct reports.
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting and utility regulation.
- Experience in regulatory financial concepts such as revenue requirements and rate making theory is desirable.
- Possess the aptitude to draw sound business conclusions, act decisively and drive business results.
- Ability to effectively direct multiple and competing priorities and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic mindset; ability to see the big picture and provide effective direction
- Focus on innovation; continually and consistently challenge the status quo.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Master’s degree preferred.
- Six to 10 years of related experience required.
- Prior experience testifying before a regulatory agency desirable.
Licenses & Certifications:
- CPA or industry specific designation(s) preferred.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor