Experience a community of support
Supervisor-System Operations Center (CT)02/11/2019 Location Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Supervisor’s role is multifaceted with responsibilities including work process and systems coordination, direct supervision of systems, distribution work activities, performance measurement, coaching, mentoring and various administrative duties. This position supervises control center staff who maintain systems integrity and initiate corrective action, prioritize and expedite network operations and repairs, prepare electrical system clearances and accurately maintain records, and ensures that work is conducted in a safe manner in accordance with policies, work methods, standards, switching and tagging and operating procedures.
- Manages performance by reviewing and evaluating work of employees. Identifies, builds consensus and communicates performance measures and expected performance levels. Assesses and improves team and employee performance through coaching and on-the-job training. Advises dispatch personnel of new equipment, technology and functionality.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, creativity and problem solving. Shares information and encourages participation in the decision making process. Removes obstacles through communication with other areas.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and company work rules and procedures. Understands and complies with the labor contract and works to resolve initial grievances. Initiates appropriate disciplinary action when required.
- Interacts with internal and external customers to meet service and information needs and resolve complaints. Working in conjunction with the call center and field personnel is accountable for managing customer commitments through outbound communication of information. Coordinates notification of reportable incidents to internal and external customers and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Collaborates with field personnel to problem solve and develop effective response plans to outage situations. Evaluates restoration alternatives and determines the optimum plan to restore the system and provide status information to customers. Calls crews to address field problems and directs field forces in restoration, maintenance and electrical clearance activities.
- Supervises load control and switching and tagging responsibilities of the shift. Coordinates switching operations for area generating facilities. Coordinates planned work across the processes to fulfill related service level agreements, achieve company objectives and obtain an appropriate work distribution.
- Analyzes requests for system element outages and assesses risk to determine whether the outage will affect customer service and/or the systems integrity.
- Identifies, develops and implements work process and practices improvements.
- Maintains awareness of weather conditions that could adversely affect Eversource operations and disseminates this information to appropriate locations and modifies operating plans as required.
- Prepares and distributes information regarding customer service, system conditions and historical situations to internal and external customer and stakeholders.
- Directs the work planning process including preparation and prioritization of work plans and schedules, resource and materials requirements and forecasts and coordination with other processes for optimal resource utilization.
Applicants must be high school graduates with at least two years of formal technical training beyond high school or the equivalent is required. A minimum of ten years of related experience, including work in regional dispatching, generating station operations, electrical maintenance, or work of equivalent nature is required. The ability to analyze complex problems, follow all problems through to a successful conclusion and operate well under pressure is essential. A willingness and ability to work rotating shifts and overtime.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Operations Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor