Experience a community of support
Sourcing Agent (Buyer)05/25/2022 Locations Berlin-CT
In this role you will be responsible for providing sourcing services to the organization based on predefined service levels. The Sourcing Agent will execute a medium dollar and medium complexity sourcing project from start to finish that includes requirements analysis for the bid packages, communicating with the requesters to close any data gaps, publishing the package to the identified suppliers for bidding purposes, following up with the suppliers to ensure adequate participation, summarizing proposals back to the requestor with best evaluated award recommendations. The Sourcing Agent will be tasked with certain projects and negotiates the purchase of materials, equipment, and services for medium to high dollar, medium complexity purchases.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Initiate new projects based on high spend profile, potential for savings, upcoming contract expirations, and capital projects. Assists internal clients to specify needs and define supplier performance expectations. Analyzes and validate policies and practices driving demands.
- Gather and interpret market and competitive intelligence to advocate for efficient, less resource-intense processes, evaluate supplier capabilities and understand / prepare for emerging technology.
- Works with internal clients to periodically review supplier effectiveness; remain abreast of evolving internal client needs and keep clients aware of evolving market capabilities.
- Establish business cases supporting sourcing recommendations. Conducts negotiations with suppliers on pricing and contractual terms and conditions and develops contracts supporting our business requirements, including clearly defined service expectations/goods specifications, performance measurement practices and shortfall remedies.
- Engages client to define, analyze and prioritize requirements with a view to client’s longer term business strategy.
- Plans sourcing events with business to manage contract end dates and allow for transition. Executes all stages of the sourcing process to meet timelines for the category team.
- Partner with internal clients to implement efficient ordering routines that include appropriate controls within operations. Assists departments implement sourcing changes, especially if moving to a new supplier and for more significant spends and services.
- Handles day to day administration of the contract process, executes amendments to contracts with oversight from Legal, monitors and maintains Certificates of Insurance. Manages contract administration, coordinates with end users and suppliers, and provides oversight and co-ordination with the business.
- Provide support for and adhere to all procurement policies and procedures and ensure compliance. Support all audit requests to maintain compliance to all corporate policies.
- Works with business partners on planned or in-process RFPs or contractual agreements
- Negotiates and executes medium dollar / complexity contracts.
- Requires basic knowledge of procurement / sourcing, supply market trends and supplier economics.
- Basic understanding of contract language terms and conditions as well as experience drafting contract agreements along with having a solid understanding of business / financial principles.
- Must possess the skills to interpret and analyze data in order to present and interpret outcomes and be able to explain data to all end users and to identify sourcing opportunities.
- Must be able to analyze contracts, terms and conditions, and ramifications of contractual verbiage as it relates to the product, service and supplier in question.
- Full understanding of purchasing and inventory systems.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, and influencing skills. Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills. Project management skills, including the ability to prioritize against time sensitive deadlines.
- Proficient skill level with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Requires a bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Three (3) plus years related experience which includes Demonstrated experience with strategic sourcing responsibilities for various commodities, both products and services, in operational procurement and sourcing.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Six Sigma, Lean, Process or Project Mgmt certifications desirable.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.