Experience a community of support
Senior Engineer01/23/2020 Locations Berlin-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Role and Scope of Position:
Works independently to provide expert direction and documentation for various regulatory requirements as they pertain to Engineering. Responsibilities include: regulatory reporting; new business policy guidance; interaction with customers and their representatives, Eversource internal stakeholders, developers, state and federal representatives. Other major responsibilities include coordination / facilitation of engineering responses to regulatory questions and filings, testimony for justification to support engineering position on various filings, and technical expertise to assist in the development and implementation of new technologies.
The position is designed for growth / advancement to Principal Engineer as time and experience allow.
- Regulatory interface of Connecticut Related issues
- Provide guidance on and develop new business policies for Connecticut.
- Develop testimony and testify at Regulatory and Civil Hearings as a technical expert
- Provide technical documentation / justification in support of regulatory filings. Provides regulatory and legislative support, including answering interrogatories, and witness testimony as required.
- Working with the standards group, provide technical assistance on applying new technology in Connecticut
- Understand and become the UG specialist in CT UG
- Understanding of the National Electric Safety Code
- Represent the company at the local, state and national level
- Participation on Company teams and workshops
- Develop training / guidance as needed to inform employees of regulatory / policy changes.
- Act as liaison to the Armory for emergency events
- Storm Assignment
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency in oral and written communications; is customer driven; displays initiative; accepts responsibility; holds others accountable; participates in and facilitates team effectiveness; assumes the role of team leader; thinks and acts analytically; makes sound decisions to support the mission; applies knowledge and skill to solve problems and respond promptly, appropriately and constructively to requests.
- Ability to effectively deal with people at all levels, both internal and external to the company.
- Effective communication skills with strengths in employee/customer relations focusing on a teamwork environment.
- Has demonstrated through experience, very high standards of professional and technical competence, and to have a complete and thorough knowledge of technical skills.
- Has a thorough knowledge of distribution standards, policies, regulations, engineering specifications, applicable codes, I&R book, procedures and practices.
- A thorough knowledge of Company software and computer navigations skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required
Experience: a minimum of 5 years experience in utility distribution engineering.
Licenses & Certifications: Registered Professional Engineer in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire is desirable.
Requires and Valid Drivers License
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor