Experience a community of support
Senior Counsel01/23/2020 Locations Berlin-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
The Eversource Legal Department is seeking an experienced real estate, gas distribution and transactional Senior Counsel to join its team located in its Berlin, Connecticut office. This position involves representation of Eversource and its affiliated companies in a variety of utility-related transactional matters, primarily involving utility real estate, easements and construction agreements, retail natural gas distribution and service agreements, equipment and services procurement contracts and knowledge of the laws governing gas pipeline safety, utility franchises and utility-related contractual, municipal and administrative law issues. Additional duties include occasional appearances at zoning and local permitting hearings, before the state public utility commission and interaction with other state and local agencies and utility companies. The successful candidate will directly interact with company operating and executive personnel and may also actively manage and partner with the company's outside counsel on such matters.
- Requires experience with real estate transactions (including title and closing), gas distribution and service agreements, equipment and services procurements and general working experience with contract, transactional and administrative law.
- Requires working knowledge of laws affecting local gas distribution companies, including reviewing and interpreting natural gas tariffs, regulations and the statutes, regulations and codes involving gas pipeline safety.
- General litigation experience is a plus.
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated and be able to immediately assume an active caseload, working closely with other in-house legal resources, company management, utility operations personnel and, in certain matters, outside counsel.
- Being a good team player, well-organized, and able to identify and successfully negotiate business-oriented solutions to complex legal problems are essential qualities to ensure success in this position.
- The candidate must possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
A Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school required.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years of timely, relevant real estate and land use, gas distribution, contract and administrative law experience.
Admission in good standing to the Connecticut Bar required.
Admission to the Massachusetts and/or the New Hampshire Bars is a plus.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor