Experience a community of support
Senior Consultant, Labor Relations06/13/2019 Locations Berlin-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Under general supervision, provides Labor Relations consulting expertise to Operations management and Human Resources support staff.Assist with establishing policies and procedures and provides guidance regarding Labor Relations matters for all employees.Creates solutions resulting in collaborative management and labor relations.Assist with the implementation of Labor Relations initiatives, programs and practices that achieve Company goals, promote positive labor/management relations and treat employees with dignity and respect.
- Assists the Manager of Labor Relations in development, formation, implementation, administration and communication of labor and employee relation policies, practices and strategies for the Company.
- Provides consulting expertise in addressing labor relations issues within the organization.
- Assists Operations management and Human Resources support staff in interpretation of the labor contracts, dispute resolution, development of labor proposals, strategies and negotiation of agreements with bargaining units.
- Assists Human Resources support team and managers in the formation of proposals to be submitted during contract negotiations or for mutual gains bargaining. Assists in the development of negotiation strategies.
- Assists in the formation of proposals to be submitted during contract negotiations or for mutual gains bargaining. Assists in the development of negotiation strategies.
- Investigates, researches, evaluates and resolves grievances and claims.
- Prepares for and participates in union-management contract negotiations.
- Administers and interprets union/management agreements to Operations managers and supervisors.
- Represents the Company at disciplinary hearings, grievances, mediations and arbitrations.
- Participates in joint labor management committees. Maintains an open and direct dialogue with union officials. Works with the Labor Relations team on arbitration preparations.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with Union leadership and Eversource management.
- Extremely knowledgeable of the National Labor Relations Act and other governmental laws and regulations affecting labor relations.
- Strong knowledge of other applicable employment laws, rules and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of HR policies and practices related to areas such as employee relations, benefit administration, compensation and performance management
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, related discipline. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years in Labor Relations.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting at a desk and using a personal computer. Job requires driving and traveling to various Company work locations.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor