Experience a community of support
Project Engineer, Gas09/03/2019 Locations Berlin-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
- Designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, with some latitude for independent action and decision making, conforming to industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities.
- Gas systems include, but are not limited to, gate stations, regulator stations, SCADA systems, telemetry, large worker/monitor regulator stations, uprates, pipeline projects and bridge/RR crossings.
- Perform site layouts and prepare necessary documents for procurement, permitting and construction. Specifies and procure materials and equipment. Coordinate in-house and contract labor with Planning & Scheduling and Gas Operations
- Prepare projects for bid, schedule and conduct bid meetings. Evaluate bids and initiate award of purchase orders.
- Develops and maintains field procedures to ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and codes.
- Coordinate construction activities with customers, contractors, States, Municipalities and internal departments.
- Assists in the oversite of construction activities to insure specification and code compliance. Ensure compliance with field procedures and the coordination with Gas Control.
- Reviews purchase requisitions, and invoices related to departmental activity. Monitors and provides reports on project and departmental budgets. Provides variances from scheduled and cost targets as required.
- Assist junior staff and review their work and provide direction or assistance in carrying out assignments.
- Provides financial support to upper management for budget development and cost tracking. Develop and present project summaries as required.
- Coordinates resources required to complete processes or projects.
- Utilizes fundamental gas flow equations and hydraulic software to design or recommend changes to existing gas piping systems.
- Implements and monitors gas compliance programs that include corrosion control and leak surveys.
- Assists in gas distribution system restoration efforts during emergencies.
- On call Storm Duty assignment as necessary.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Thorough knowledge of distribution construction and maintenance work practices and procedures. Knowledge of applicable governmental codes and regulations. Knowledge of welding and fusing principles. Working knowledge of environmental requirements affecting related activities. Familiarity with MS computer operations. Some travel required. Some exposure to gaseous atmospheres, construction site hazards, and hazards on customer’s property.
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology or related discipline.
Experience: Minimum of Eight (8) years in engineering. Gas experience a plus.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs are involved. Job can require traveling to operating districts, gas facilities and companies within and outside the state.
This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug testing.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Work includes calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor