Experience a community of support
Distributions Operations Outage Planning Supervisor02/11/2019 Location Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Provides leadership to establish and manage the infrastructure required to operate the modern distribution grid. This includes supporting the scheduling of outages, contingency analysis and planning, and the overall Emergency Restoration of the Eversource Distribution System. Assists with Grid Management functions to ensure that intelligent field devices communicate properly and the advanced distribution management system applications are performing optimally. Ensures the accuracy of the distribution system model used to optimize the Eversource Energy systems and the continued delivery of safe reliable electricity to approximately 1.2 million customers. This position will provide leadership support to Eversource System Operations Center. Manages per any applicable labor contracts.
- Reports to the Manager of Grid Management.
- Supervises individuals responsible for system status and outage management of the Distribution System.
- Accountable for implementing the distribution grid management strategies with particular emphasis on system performance, grid efficiency, demand response, planned switching and system status reporting.
- Assists with the implementation of the Unit’s business plan, goals and objectives in coordination with corporate and business unit strategic goals and initiatives with particular emphasis on grid performance, reporting, benchmarking and improvement.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory procedural requirements
- Develop leadership, select, and retain a multi-functional, diversified, well trained, motivated, and empowered workforce. Model innovative approaches. Promote employee involvement in continuous learning, career planning, and enhancing job/industry knowledge and skills. Oversees and implements interpretation and administration of any applicable labor contracts.
- Analyzes requests for system outages and assesses risk to determine whether the outage will affect customer service and/or the systems integrity.
- Leads and/or attends planning meetings of routine and major distribution system outages with a goal of maintaining safety and reliability while maximizing work and minimizing cost.
- Prepares and distributes reports and documentation of distribution work as required to review, coordinate, and communicate outage schedule details with appropriate internal and external contacts.
- Ensures that planned distribution outages do not adversely affect the reliability of the distribution system.
- In the absence of higher levels of management, or as required due to stressed distribution system operating conditions, the individual will be required to provide guidance to, consultation with, or supervision of SOC control room personnel.
- Periodically perform a cursory review of preliminary outages to look for possible conflicts that should be resolved prior to the outages becoming firm and work with the appropriate work requestor's to provide resolution.
- Work closely with the Manager – Grid Management and the Manager – System Operations Center and to ensure Distribution System configuration changes are updated in the distribution management system.
- Interfaces with the DSO/Shift Supervisor and DSOs in the resolution of system operating issues including personnel and equipment safety, reliability, adherence to operating requirements.
- Provide input to the Manager – Grid Management and the Manager – System Operations Center for the development of operating policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports of significant events or issues, as requested by SOC management.
- Periodically monitor human performance in the control room.
- Participate on event review teams and other project as assigned by management.
- Serves as in the role of Control Room Shift Supervisor as needed.
- Investigate and facilitate the resolution of Operational Alarms.
Bachelor’s degree in electrical Engineering Technology or related degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 8 years of experience in electrical energy delivery or other related system operations center operations role. Experience in managing bargaining and non-bargaining employees preferred, including knowledge of company/union agreements. Working knowledge of operational tools preferred. On-call responsibility may be required. Ability to serve as media spokesperson may be required.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Operations Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor