Experience a community of support
Manager, Service Management Office10/30/2019 Locations Berlin-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
You will lead the SMO in support of Eversource IT’s ongoing transition from a technology unit to a best-in-class service provider. You will maintain and develop a strong, creative team aimed at achieving consistency and efficiency in service delivery
Additionally, you will continually improve Eversource IT’s service management processes and infrastructure to address the organization’s highest priorities and develop systems that result in seamless, robust support.
Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- You will develop and evolve the overall vision, charter, and roadmap for the Service Management Office including best practices, standards, principles and functions that will continue the transformation into a service-oriented, client-driven, value-added organization. You will refine the program charter, communication plan, and governance model as needed.
- Lead implementation of the service strategy. Guide the service management team in service portfolio management and integrated service reporting. Work with service and business owners in identifying new services, and in replacing and decommissioning ongoing services, as necessary.
- Collaborate with other leaders across IT to develop and implement comprehensive key performance and risk indicators along with related reporting.
- You will provide guidance and oversee management of key IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes with full engagement of the Governance Council, such as incident management, change management, knowledge management, request fulfillment, event management, problem management, configuration management, hardware and software asset management, service catalog management, demand management, release management and service portfolio management.
- Work closely with service and business owners to integrate service management practices into the delivery of IT services with the objective of delivering reliable, repeatable IT services, at proper service levels.
- Lead continual service and process improvement through regular analysis of metrics.
- Stay connected to the broader community; in collaboration and regular engagement with stakeholders, develop, manage, and refine the IT metrics program, developing key reports, key performance indicators (KPIs), and metrics packages for IT leadership.
- Identify metrics and implement reporting that will help the ITSM team measure customer satisfaction, establish service value, propose new service opportunities and strengthen the cycle of continuous improvement.
ServiceNow Business Ownership
- You will provide vision and oversight for Eversource’s ServiceNow platform, including the development of a yearly roadmap.
- Collaborate with other IT Infrastructure and Product Center Managers to understand the current and future demands from the Eversource business community to contribute to the ServiceNow strategic roadmap.
- Oversee Eversource’s managed service provider in development of requirements specification, design, business process workflow mapping, systems integration and ongoing management of the ServiceNow platform, including modifications, enhancement and automation.
- Identify gaps or shortcomings in current business process automation and drive automation and workflow improvements.
- Lead the development of project and resource plans to manage deliverables of business objectives, including timing, cost, and scope.
- You will guide a new team of professionals in the areas of service design, service development, service management, business analysis, ServiceNow production support, service metrics and reporting.
- You will inspire team members to attain their career goals and reach their potential by creating opportunities to advance their skills while accomplishing IT’s overall goals and objectives.
- Partner with Infrastructure and Product Center managers to ensure departmental staff are aware and trained in ITSM and ITIL concepts and practices.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred and ten years of relevant experience in Computer science, management information systems, or related field of study preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in the ServiceNow platform, with specific emphasis on the modules deployed at Eversource, including but not limited to, incident management, change management, knowledge management, problem management, request fulfillment, event management, configuration management, hardware and software asset management, service catalog management, demand management, release management, orchestration, automated test framework, artificial intelligence, machine learning.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills to communicate, persuade and influence decision-making, paired with active listening skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Subject matter expertise for area(s) of responsibility.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor