Experience a community of support
Manager, IT Pmo01/26/2023 Locations Berlin-CT
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
IT PMO Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the IT PMO office to ensure the IT project portfolio is effectively planned and executed successfully to meet business goals and objectives. This manager will need to be adaptable to changing conditions and help manage and shift the project portfolio for changes as needed (i.e. storms, work stoppage). This manager is also responsible for developing, maintaining and governing the project methodologies, practices, processes, policies and tools to ensure successful project execution.
The position works in the PMO, Architecture, QA, Testing and Release Management organization and partners with Testing, QA, Release Management and Architecture to assure a fully integrated project management approach.
- Provides oversight to a team of Portfolio Managers that are responsible for the execution of projects within their portfolios and ensures quality deliverables and the achievement of project goals, including meeting scope, schedule and budget.
- Ensures compliance with Eversource policies and procedures in Finance, SOX, Procurement Security, Legal and Risk Management.
- Provides project management support, oversight, and leadership through direct responsibility and steering committee roles to facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Develops and maintains quality standards and metrics to monitor projects, and report on project and portfolio health. Responsible for the strategic direction of the IT PMO and IT Project Portfolio.
- Responsible for the operational oversight and success of the IT project portfolio execution; consistently looking to ensure quality in the delivery of projects
- Develops and maintains the project methodologies, processes, policies and tools to ensure the PMO is following current project management standard practices.
- Guides and manages the preparation and finalization of the annual portfolio plan and budget including execution timelines.
- Ensures integration across the portfolio for delivery, risk management, issue management and organizational change management to ensure portfolio and project success
- Influences and coordinates resource reallocations to ensure portfolio success.
- Assists subordinates to develop and implement alternatives and/or solutions to mitigate problems, issues, conflicts, etc.
- Directs and provides coaching to portfolio managers on projects and specific portfolio issues to ensure successful completion meeting project goals.
- Monitors the portfolio budget and work with subordinates to establish an environment to ensure project costs and schedules are properly estimated and controlled.
- Uses critical leadership techniques with subordinates and peers to establish, communicate and maintain an elevated level of motivation and sense of direction to achieving project and organization goals.
- Collaborates with business, vendors, industry consultants, and senior management on project execution, issues, risks as needed.
- Integrates activities with business unit and other IT departments to ensure the successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Develops and implements processes, including defining measurable goals, standards and other process measures using industry metrics and tools
- Responsible for the management of onshore and offshore employees, suppliers and contractors who perform PM functions.
- Develops and monitors operating budget for the IT PMO
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- Ten plus years of senior level IT Project Management experience required; minimum of 3 years of supervisor/leadership experience requires; minimum of 2 years of Portfolio Management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Project Management Certification required
- Exhibits extensive project management expertise, displays an exceptional degree of organization, ingenuity, creativity and/or resourcefulness.
- Mastery of leading subordinate leads, multi discipline teams and individual contributors across a diverse portfolio to achieve project portfolio objectives.
- Mastery level knowledge of the IT organization’s long-range strategies, business practices, as well as a working knowledge of the company’s corporate strategies, direction, and product and services.
- Ability to contribute to the development of business strategies and direction for the IT organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships fostering trust and respect with stakeholders, peers and vendors.
- Effective leadership of direct reports including day-to-day coaching and performance management/assessment;
- Effective management and analysis of budgets; demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplined teams when conducting technology incident root causes and/or investigations;
- Working knowledge of IT business practices and strategies;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including the ability to solve complex technical problems;
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.