Experience a community of support
Manager, Customer Data Strategy and Services (Hybrid)05/09/2023 Locations Berlin-CT; Westwood-MA; Manchester-NH
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
The Manager, Customer Data Strategy and Services is responsible for Eversource’s customer data and governance.
At Eversource, data is considered a strategic asset that unlocks new insights and drives meaningful actions. This role will act as a customer data champion, driving that data-driven mindset and providing the data expertise to our Customer Group
- Responsible for Eversource’s Customer data in multiple environments while driving towards the enterprise data strategy.
- Partnering with business leaders to understand data needs and use cases, prioritizing those needs and driving the availability of data for analytics while protecting it and reducing risks related to it.
- Own the Customer data model from a technical perspective, working directly with business stakeholders to ensure accurate business definitions and logic is applied to the data.
- Provide subject matter expertise on customer data management and analytics, championing enterprise-wide data practices to ensure Customer data assets align with the enterprise strategy while being developed and delivered to meet business needs.
- Lead Customer data architecture design and enable industry leading data engineering solutions and tools to help democratize data access across Eversource and enable AI/ML for business.
- Hire, coach, and mentor the talent required to build and maintain a best-in-class Customer data team; drive ongoing learning to stay ahead of latest trends.
- Provide oversight to the data engineering teams within the Customer Group, ensuring that data pipelines, transformations, and integrations are executed to align with the overall data architecture and governance framework.
- Enforce data governance processes and tools to continue to simplify data access while ensuring data quality, literacy, and security.
- Lead the management and resolution of data governance and management issues within the Customer domain.
- Monitor access to Customer data assets and ensure compliance with data governance policies and standards.
- Develop and maintain Customer data catalogs in the data platform, ensuring that they are up-to-date, accurate, and easily accessible to stakeholders across the organization.
- Collaborate with Data Governance Lead and Data Managers from other data domains to ensure consistency and alignment on data governance practices.
- Collaborate with Enterprise and Solution Architects to ensure that Customer initiatives adhere to established data architecture principles and practices.
- 10+ years of experience in the Information Technology field with a focus on data strategy and governance. Experience with customer data is a huge plus
- 3+ years of experience building, managing and leading teams.
- Distributed delivery experience on large programs.
- Strong data management and data governance experience, including expertise in cataloging, data classifications, compliance, access control, and other related areas.
- Experience integrating and analyzing data to make business decisions, while having a strong IT knowledge base to effectively collaborate with IT Leaders
- Intermediate proficiency in standardized data analysis and analytics programming languages such as SQL, Python, PySpark, and Scala, with a focus on their application in data management and analytics workflows.
- Familiarity with architectural design patterns, including centralized, decentralized, and distributed approaches, and the ability to apply this knowledge to optimize data management and analytics operations.
- Familiarity with cloud-based data management and analytics platforms, with a preference for experience working with Azure cloud services such as Azure Purview and Azure Data Factory.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or services, related discipline, or equivalent experience in leu of having a degree.
- Master’s degree a plus but not required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Certification in one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Certification in Agile practices is a plus (SAFe® Agilist / Leading SAFe).
Compensation and Benefits
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $156,550.00 and the market rate is $176,700.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.