Experience a community of support
Lead Administrator, Contracts, Transmission and Engineering04/20/2022 Locations Berlin-CT
Responsible for providing regional leadership and oversight of all contract matters relative to Engineering & Major Projects Construction contracts, from initial development through contract closeout, as well as monitoring supplier compliance and performance. Provides direct supervision and direction to all regional Contract Administrators. Ensures transmission and distribution projects are completed on time, on budget, safely and in line with performance targets while minimizing risk and exposure to Eversource. Serves as the main point of contact in the region for engineering and construction contracts associated with Transmission/Major Projects organization. Develops and maintains relationships with the Eversource Engineering and Project teams and engineering & construction services suppliers. Arranges direct award sourcing meetings, participates in pre- and post-bid meetings with bidders, as well as other meetings as necessary to provide for the overall active management of contracts. Proactively leads and facilitates change order negotiation meetings and collaborates with project team to drive supplier issues to timely resolution and desired outcomes. Assures that vendor scope of work and schedule of deliverables is established and monitored for cost and performance against contract plan. Supports Eversource Engineering & Transmission organization by interfacing with Procurement for service-related contracts. This position will interact with Purchasing and Legal to pre-qualify vendors and ensure their availability to support the approved capital plan. Leverages reporting tools to analyze contract spend trends, make data driven decisions, and assists in tracking KPI initiatives and administer reporting of engineering & construction activities required to achieve the approved capital plan.
2. Essential Functions:
- Provides oversight, leadership, and direction over direct reports in the region.
- Implements overall contracting strategy and requirements with Project leads and Procurement, which includes the development of contracting terms and conditions; make recommendations for technical and commercial specifications, and pricing strategy.
- Builds and maintains supplier relationships, negotiate with suppliers, and monitor contract compliance.
- Effectively identifies both internal conflict and supplier issues, and leverage relationships to resolve.
- Ensures supplier availability and skill sets available to meet the needs of the Eversource Capital Program.
- Administers the resolution of contract claims and change order disputes in collaboration with the responsible Engineering lead and Project Manager to drive timely resolution and mitigate escalation to procurement and/or legal.
- Manages invoice control process and facilitates the periodic self-audit of supplier invoices to ensure compliance and drive continuous improvement.
- Effectively communicates and coordinates with transmission & distribution project managers, project engineers, procurement, and other project team members, on RFI, RFP, RFQ, ECN, Change Orders for engineering & construction related contract related matters.
- Actively enforces supplier’s adherence to contractual obligations, and internally enforces adherence to policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Participates in monthly supplier selection meeting and adheres to controlled process, interacting with Project Engineers, & Project Managers to set agenda, prepare request documentation, document meeting minutes and track awards.
- Analyzes and reports on contracted engineering services performance and cost trends, & leverage data to execute process improvements.
- Ensures compliance with guidelines on commercial process for outsourcing engineering & construction services with respect to direct reports.
- Facilitates training on commercial process to key stakeholders as needed.
- Maintains an organized file retention database for Engineering & Construction Project Controls.
- Participates in supplier negotiations in contract development, change management, and any claim issues that arise.
- Reviews upcoming project lists, develops contracting strategy, identifies criteria of project for reporting.
- Attends pre-bid and post-bid bidder conference and participate in bid-evaluations meetings; serve as liaison between procurement and the technical bid evaluation team to drive timely completion of RFP awards.
- Ensures supplier awareness and receipt of updated processes, procedures, and any other correspondence requiring acknowledgement by suppliers by formally communicating such changes appropriately.
- Serves as business liaison to support the Supplier Relationship Management Program requirements for assigned engineering & construction contracts.
- Expert knowledge of Maximo, Ariba, Microsoft Office, Access, Outlook, Power BI, e-Builder is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of contract administration principles, contracts and the practical application of contract administration including legal terms and conditions.
- Ability to analyze contract terms, negotiate, & communicate effectively with leadership.
- Possession of leadership skills necessary to effectively provide daily supervision, oversight, & direction to direct reports.
- Ability to comprehend the applications of various types of insurance and taxes.
- Knowledge of procurement principles, organizational skills, ability to work independently, and ability to effectively work with customers.
- Ability to negotiate complex issues in a manner that achieves successful and timely results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including preparing and delivering formal presentations
- Excellent analytical & interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to initiate appropriate actions and to work independently.
- Ability to maintain well organized and easily retrieved files.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, or an equivalent degree with a concentration in Finance or Accounting preferred or equivalent experience.
- An MBA is desirable.
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of related experience is required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.