Experience a community of support
IT Software Engineer02/07/2023 Locations Berlin-CT; Westwood-MA
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Design and implement new systems and features, as well as modify and maintain existing systems for adaptation to business and/or technology changes. Engages directly with IT management, development teams, technical delivery teams, and vendors to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of technology-based solutions. Drive the software change and release management processes, assisting with the overall maturity of the software development lifecycle. Ensure that software deliverables comply with quality standards and are completed on time.
- Assists the team in managing moderately sized projects or processes.
- Configuring, integrating and supporting highly available critical vendor software packages.
- Supports applications and troubleshoots medium to complex issues – Control & Monitoring Systems (SCADA Aveva OASyS experience a plus)
- Mentors associate engineers.
- Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on work area.
- Contributes to the development of goals of the discipline and planning efforts (budgets, operational plans, etc.).
- Provides measurable input to new products, processes, or standards in operational plans to implement business strategies.
- Problems and issues faced are numerous and undefined, and require detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem.
- Supports functional area; major portion of application development architecture, such as entire Front-End or Back-End
- Problems are difficult and often complex; Problems typically impact multiple departments or specialties; Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues.
- Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of work area.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own discipline; May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.); Works to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, procedures, and practices.
- Contributes to software development processes
- Scopes and implements larger user stories for their project/team. Working knowledge of databases (MS SQL Server), Microsoft stack, VMWare (ESX, VMs)
- Handles open-ended problems & ambiguity well.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends, policies & tools, standards, and best practices
- Possesses working knowledge in one or more areas - Microsoft stack, VMWare (ESX, VMs), IT Security, Databases (MS SQL), Networks, PowerShell, Backups, Linux, SolarWinds
- Change Control - Enhance end-to-end Testing procedures of changes being deployed
- Contributes to documentation required to maintain our critical systems.
- Vendor management: Engages outside expertise (support, consultants, professional network, training)
- Implementing proactive monitoring and automation: tools/scripting to automate tasks, enhance and simplify support and proactively address issues to minimize business impacts
- Shows inclusiveness by respecting different opinions acknowledging expertise and recognizing unconscious biases
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced Degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Requires knowledge of work area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.