Experience a community of support
IT Business Application Systems Developer, Level 408/26/2019 Locations Berlin-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Role and Scope of Position:
Business Application Systems Developers are responsible for participating in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications. Inhabitants of this position are assigned to project teams within an assigned business unit or corporate department and utilize a variety of client/server (or mainframe) platforms. Four progression levels exist for this position. Roles and responsibilities, business / technical skills and knowledge, competencies and experience are the factors used to determine a person’s placement in the progression.
2. Essential Functions:
- Analyze business / technical and related issues to formulate and develop or purchase new and/or modified computer programs and systems.
- Revise existing programs, systems, and procedures and use appropriate tools to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion and storage.
- Reconcile user requirements with existing and/or projected computer capacity, capabilities and performance.
- Coordinate symbolic statements (process and data models) of problems into appropriate specifications for coding computer systems, identifying functions to be programmed, information processing techniques used, and data representation.
- Develop and may enter program code into computer system.
- Prepare documentation, and may conduct program tests and correct program errors. Analyze programming system’s capabilities to resolve questions of program standards, output requirements, input data acquisition, and programming techniques and controls.
- Advise on new technologies, and estimate costs associated with data processing programs.
- Develop procedures and operating instructions.
- Use project management techniques to ensure on-time product delivery and to meet client goals.
- Anticipate organizational impacts of new or changing applications and factor this into project plans.
- Develop new technologies.
- Integrate diverse systems that execute on diverse platforms.
- Seamlessly integrate new technologies into in use existing technologies.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Software Requirements Engineering, Design and Implementation & Maintenance-Expert in Software Requirements Engineering, Software Design and Software Implementation and Maintenance.
Education: Baccalaureate degree or the equivalent
Knowledge and previous experience required:
- Competency of relevant Operating systems and programming languages, such as Windows, UNIX / LINUX scripting languages, primarily PERL, Python and KSH
- Oracle Database development (SQL, SQL Plus, SQL Loader)
- Oracle GoldenGate (v12.3)
- Oracle WebLogic
Application and experience preferred but not required:
- Oracle Network Management System (v2.4)
- Oracle Utilities Analytics reporting (v2.7)
Knowledge and experience preferred but not required:
- Microsoft .net architecture and programming
- Web Services (REST, SOAP, WSDL)
- Web-Based Distributed Systems Architecture and Design
- MS web service architecture and programming
- Business to business web service interface architecture
- Web user interface programming.
- Visual Studio 2010-2015
- VB.NET, C#, MVC, MVVM, WPF
- MS internet information systems (IIS) architecture and support
- application programming against RDBMS (oracle and MS SQL server)
- Querying / analyzing SQL server and oracle databases
- Web service trouble shooting and production support experience
- SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS)
- Internet information Services (IIS)
- Oracle RDBMS
- SQL Server (MSSQL 2012, 2014)
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013
- Web - application programming interface (API)
Licenses & Certifications: None
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor