Experience a community of support
IT Associate Analyst, Network LAN/WAN Level 101/05/2023 Locations Berlin-CT
Under direct supervision:
- Maintains technical knowledge in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, including routers, switches, multiplexors, gateways, communications processors, network operating systems, network protocols, network monitoring platforms, network sniffers, IP Telephony (VOIP), IP video conferencing, multimedia delivery and performance.
- Assists with updating documentation for network architecture and planning the total network integration. Assist with evaluating complex existing networks systems and help make recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Assists with recommending solutions to performance, tuning, and capacity issues. Provide network performance and capacity consulting for new application projects.
- Assists with acting as a consultant to provide the business with recommendations on solutions.
- Assists with monitoring the network and arranging the necessary corrective actions to ensure high quality transmission capability.
- Assists with third-party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department LAN/WAN administrators.
- Assists with technical white papers and enterprise architecture plans for the enterprise data network environment.
- Assists with 2nd level technical support and consultation to operations, other technical services groups, support center, etc.; troubleshoot network, server, and client-based communication related problems across multiple platforms.
- Assists with corporate business requirements to vendors, vendor proposals, and enterprise wide technical RFPs relating to network design and applications.
- Understanding of technical principles, theories and concepts, in the field of networking. General knowledge of other related IT disciplines. Any working knowledge of relevant Cisco System platforms.
Entry level knowledge of:
- Cisco products & networking protocols
- Basic troubleshooting skills using network tools
- Basic network management and theories
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Zero to three years of related experience
- Experience with Cisco System’s equipment is a plus
Licenses & Certifications:
- Driver’s license
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Will be installing network hardware in remote offices and electrical substations
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.