Experience a community of support
Engineer01/29/2019 Locations Berlin-CT
Job Description Summary:
This position has the responsibility for optimizing the cost and performance of substation equipment on the transmission/distribution system.This includes monitoring of equipment for performance and the detection of impending reliability issues.This position is also responsible for new equipment acceptance testing and commission including the development and/or revision of processes and procedures.In addition, this position coordinates the evaluation of equipment failures, and the appropriate resolutions, to provide support to operations on unplanned maintenance.
- Responsible for the cost and performance of certain assets on the system including reliability analysis and trending of system events and monitoring of equipment condition.
- Responsible for the development of equipment commissioning plans for all major substation equipment types.
- Responsible for commissioning and placing into service major substation equipment during project implementation.
- Collaborates with other Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Collaborates with Asset Strategy for the evaluation and selection of technology and equipment for the system.
- Responsible for the development of standards and procedures for equipment operation and maintenance.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or related is required. An Advanced Degree is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of five years of related experience is required.
Licenses & Certifications: EIT or Professional Engineer’s License preferred.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Engineering Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor