Experience a community of support
Engineer- Electric Supply09/13/2019 Locations Berlin-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for providing analyses associated with renewable energy procurement, electric supply procurement, renewable energy policy and ISO-NE wholesale electric power market rules.
- Provide analytical support to the Electric Supply department.
- Analyze data and information, determine relevant factors associated with each situation and calculate and process data in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Develop testimony and answer data requests for regulatory bodies.
- Communicate effectively with other Eversource departments on power supply issues.
- Communicate effectively with legal staff regarding issues that require regulatory approval or could result from or lead to litigation.
- Interact and develop relationships with external business partners.
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
- Basic understanding of regulated power supply rate design and cost recovery.
- Basic understanding of the utility regulatory processes in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and at FERC.
- Detailed understanding of current ISO-NE wholesale market rules.
- Detailed understanding of electrical generation system dispatch concepts.
- In-depth understanding of Renewable Portfolio Compliance requirements in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- In-depth expertise in engineering economics and financial analysis.
- In-depth understanding of the New England wholesale electric power market.
- Familiarity with generation resource operations, dispatch and costs.
- Demonstrated skill with ISO-NE market information and NEPOOL Generation Information System (GIS).
- Proficient at interacting with senior management and regulatory bodies.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, database and internet applications.
- Proficiency in evaluating RFP bids leading to contracts.
- Proficient at understanding and interpreting complex power purchase agreements.
- Highly proficient at engineering economic analyses including extensive analytical skills, the ability to draw sound conclusions and act decisively.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor