Experience a community of support
Director, Regulatory Financial05/17/2019 Locations Berlin-CT
Job Description Summary:
Lead all regulatory financial aspects of the Company’s transmission service including negotiation of financial terms of contracts and agreements to ensure full recovery and protect against loss. Direct the development of financial analysis and regulatory compliance support for new regional and local transmission revenue requirements and rate design. Develop a consistent strategic approach to regulatory return on equity activities and lead financial analysis for transmission rates. Direct the team in ensuring accurate financial recording of ISO-NE OATT tariff schedules to successfully defend in regulatory proceedings.
- Leads all financial negotiations associated with transmission service contracts and agreements.
- Directs the preparation, review and defense of all regulatory financial aspects associated with transmission service.
- Oversees the development of financial analysis and regulatory compliance support to accommodate the new components of transmission revenue requirement and rate design.
- Responsible for developing all budget and long-range plan support associated with transmission recovery including ex-model financial information to accommodate new transmission rate design and distribution expenses.
- Leads technical discussions in transmission service contract and agreement settlement negotiations and informational sessions.
- Directs the preparation, review and defense of all transmission return on equity financial analysis and ensure consistent strategic approach in all jurisdictions.
- Monitors and evaluates the financial and strategic impacts of transmission service developments, trends and new precedents. Summarizes and shares developments with key stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation, review, and defense of ISO-NE bill components.
- Collaborates effectively with several key business areas and directs a variety of regulatory financial activities,
- Administers financial guidance and support to the transmission interconnection group.
- Responsible for effectively developing and monitoring direct reports.
- Expert knowledge of finance, accounting and utility regulation.
- Solid experience in regulatory financial concepts such as revenue requirements and rate making theory is highly desirable
- Must have the aptitude to draw sound business conclusions, act decisively and drive business results.
- Ability to effectively direct multiple and competing priorities and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills is required
- Strategic mindset; demonstrated ability to consistently see the big picture and provide effective direction
- Focus on innovation; continually and consistently challenge the status quo
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related area required; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of twelve (12) years related experience
Licenses & Certifications: CPA or industry-specific designation(s) desirable.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Finance/Accounting Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor