Experience a community of support
Associate Program Analyst, Project Control- "Power BI" -Hartford or Berlin CT05/09/2023 Locations Berlin-CT
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!Role and Scope of Position:
Under direct supervisor, responsible for developing, programming, and maintaining Power BI Reports, to report on the performance of the Transmission and Engineering organizations, to ensure timely and efficient monitoring and analysis of project costs, trends, schedules and transmission and engineering services. Responsible for assisting in the development of visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI Desktop, connecting to various data sources, importing data and transforming data to be utilized for Business Intelligence. Must exhibit excellence in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports as well as perform compliance reviews of data for validation of business requirements.
The Associate Program Analyst for Project Control is located in our Berlin, CT or Hartford, CT office. This is a hybrid, work from home role. Under direct supervisor, responsible for developing, programming, and maintaining Power BI Reports, to report on the performance of the Transmission and Engineering organizations, to ensure timely and efficient monitoring and analysis of project costs, trends, schedules and transmission and engineering services. Responsible for assisting in the development of visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI Desktop, connecting to various data sources, importing data and transforming data to be utilized for Business Intelligence. Must exhibit excellence in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports as well as perform compliance reviews of data for validation of business requirements.
- Works within Transmission and Engineering Project Controls for the development of Power BI Reports, for reporting on the overall effectiveness and performance of internal and external organizations, pulling information from various systems such as Maximo, Power Plan, Access, and Oracle Primavera and transforming the data into Power BI desktop tools.
- Works with Transmission and Distribution Engineering, Project Planning and Scheduling, Project Management, Operations, Contract Administration, Procurement, to gather requirements for development of Power BI Reports, in alignment with corporate goals and strategies.
- Gathers verbal requirements from business users in meetings and implement programming and development of PowerBI reports as required to support the need of the end users.
- Assists in production of a variety of complex reports in support of Eversource’s project initiating, planning, scheduling, contracting, executing, controlling, compliance and close-out initiatives within the Transmission and Engineering organizations.
- Responsible for developing Power BI Reports to report out on key Transmission & Engineering metrics including Contracted Spend, Schedule Performance, Resource Loading, Risk Management, Project Productivity, Change Order Management, Subcontracted Vendor Performance, Internal and External Commercial Performance, and other key metrics that will continue to drive efficiency and transparency for execution of the work.
- Must be able to independently analyze and validate data based on business knowledge to ensure accuracy prior to publishing reports.
- Must be able to assist in the integration of Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation.
- Office, Access, Power BI, SQL Coding Language, Oracle Primavera, Power Plan, Maximo, and SharePoint.
- Must be detailed oriented to catch and fix data errors during validation and demonstrate self-reliance with a strong sense of self-motivation, good communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of financial modeling, accounting, risk management, project management information systems, economics, capital investment analysis techniques, plant accounting, tax and capital budgeting.
- Must have the ability to monitor and analyze cost and scheduling information, provide forecasts, make recommendations, and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Must have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Must be able to exhibit a professional demeanor and effectively present to other business users.
- Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI Reports as per the business requirements. Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop efficient data models based on the described scope and need.
- Must be familiar with DAX programming language and exhibit proficiency in using advance level calculations on the data set. Position will be responsible for design methodology and project documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics, Information Systems, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 0-3 years of experience in the following
- working with a self-service tool, preferably Power BI
- SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- DAX programming language
- data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects
Licenses & Certifications:
- Power BI Data Modelling (with DAX) and Databases and SQL for Data Science strongly preferred
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position $62,640.00 to $69,600.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out our career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.