Experience a community of support
Associate Analyst - Load Settlement01/24/2023 Locations Berlin-CT; Westwood-MA
Under direct supervision, conduct deadline driven work associated with Load Settlement reporting in support of ISO-NE wholesale electricity markets, in accordance with approved processes and procedures for Load Settlement & Analysis. This may range from running daily processes to conducting ad-hoc analyses and supporting special projects.
- Provides timely and accurate daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to ISO-NE and other key stakeholders (i.e., FERC, state regulators, and competitive suppliers) concerning load, tie line, and generation assets, as directed.
- Provides accurate metering and billing data to ISO-NE, suppliers, and other parties both internal and external to Eversource, as directed.
- Operates the Load Settlement System applications, as directed.
- Utilizes existing estimation and reconciliation techniques for the electric business based on the assessment of the external environment including referencing appropriate documentation.
- Conducts processes following all business and SOX controls for the Load Settlement System to ensure proper reporting.
- Creates and maintains documentation of key procedures.
- Conducts application testing, as directed.
- Provides support in preparation of expert testimony for regulatory proceedings pertaining to load estimation and reconciliation processes, procedures and techniques.
- Works effectively with other departments/companies that Load Settlement interacts with routinely (Billing, Meter Systems and Data Management, IT support, etc.)
- Works, as directed, with management on current department initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics/Finance, Engineering, other data intensive field or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience (may include internship experience) required.
- Good technical, quantitative, and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite Products (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of mainframe (TSO) and PC computer skills (I.e., SAS programming, JCL, AQT, SQL, Access) preferred.
- Some knowledge of the ISO-NE wholesale electricity market and the Eversource electrical system a plus.
- Experience with the ES billing system(s) a plus.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.