Experience a community of support
Analyst, Business Process, Mobile Solutions09/09/2019 Locations Berlin-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Provides assistance to the Operations Mobility Portfolio supporting field operation usage and on-going performance improvements of the systems and hardware for Mobile OMS, Mobile Gas WAM, Mobile Electric WAM, Mobile Gas Meter and Service and Mobile Electric Meter and Service that will encompass over 2,000 Eversource mobile devices. Responsibility will also include supporting the functionality needed by contractor resources who will also be utilizing these systems to receive work assignments, complete their assignments and submit invoices via this solution.
- Develops and maintains a relationship with Operations management and users of the solutions to ensure systems are functioning and used as designed
- Develops in-depth knowledge of business processes in organizations using the solutions to facilitate and prioritize improvements
- Works with the Operations user communities to establish feedback channels; to provide training; and to identify opportunities to build and improve upon the mobile solutions.
- Assists with facilitating and supporting cross-functional Business Support Groups (BSG), who will be responsible for testing defects, enhancements, regression, and new releases/upgrades
- Utilizes collaboration mechanisms such as email groups, SharePoint sites, and team sites; and establishes partnerships among BSG members to aid with end-to-end process testing
- Coordinates on behalf of BSG and plan testing efforts to ensure release dates are met; writes test scripts and identifies regression scripts to run.
- Works with Senior Analyst and staff with assigning test scripts to BSG, communicating assignments and timeframes when test scripts need to be completed; ensuring test result evidence is documented on team site in preparation for Management sign-off
- Escalates any failures in testing to IT team; coordinates retesting with BSG
- Assists with developing targeted end-user communication, and ensures these communications are distributed prior to changes being implemented in Production
- Ensures outages impacting System Operations Centers are coordinated and planned
- Ensures post-go live tests are executed to ensure there are no issues in Production after the update is complete; collects field feedback from users after release to identify any new issues or unexpected results; escalates to IT team to troubleshoot issues.
On call Storm Duty assignment as necessary.
- Good problem-solving skills to diagnose and resolve application defects, e.g. software and/or process deviations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to instruct mobile users in person, in writing, and over the phone.
- Good organizational skills, and the ability to deal with multiple priorities in a given day.
- Additional knowledge and the ability to demonstrate additional computer skills on applications such as Power Point, Word, and Excel are required. Experience in using EpochField, Colligo, SharePoint, are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of iOS devices is required.
- Individual must be able to use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to communicate with both peers and superiors, to reach positive outcomes; modifying behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, is required. A Master’s degree is desirable
- At least five (5) years of electric and/or gas utility or related experience is required.
- Must have a solid conceptual knowledge of Information Technology. The individual should have the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose System issues in a timely fashion.
Licenses & Certifications: None
- Must be able to work within the Eversource franchise territories to work with field personnel.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor