Experience a community of support
Senior Commissioning Agent09/12/2018 Locations Hooksett-NH
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Role and Scope of Position:
This position has the responsibility for the development and implementation of plans and procedures for the testing and commissioning of highly complex transmission and distribution substation projects. This position works closely with System Test and Protection & Controls Engineering in the development of project test and commissioning plans with a focus on ensuring safety and eliminating issues and errors during the commission process. This position is responsible for commissioning of substation equipment as individual units (breakers, transformers, etc.) as well as overall project commission including controls, systems, relays, metering, etc.
This position also has shared responsibility for optimizing the cost and performance of the assets of the
transmission/distribution system. In addition, this position coordinates the evaluation of system failures, and
the appropriate resolutions, to provide support to operations on unplanned maintenance. This
position shares accountability with peers in the development, and design of the organization’s
Life Cycle Plan, a comprehensive long-term plan for the transmission/distribution system.
- Responsible for ensuring complex substation projects are tested and commissioned in accordance with industry and Eversource standards with a focus on safety and maintaining system reliability
- Responsible for assisting in the development of standards and procedures for the test and commissioning of substation projects.
- Collaborates with Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions relating to project commissioning.
- Responsible for the cost and performance of certain assets on the system including reliability
analysis and trending of system events and monitoring of equipment condition.
- Responsible for the development and management of a preventive maintenance optimization program
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities,
and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Works closely with Investment Planning on project justification and financial rationing.
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of technology and equipment for the system.
- Responsible for the development of standards and procedures for design, operation and maintenance.
- May assumes the role of Project Manager, as required.
- Electrical engineering knowledge with a focus on substation project testing and commissioning.
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years in utility distribution/transmission substation testing/commissioning.
Licenses & Certifications: Valid CT/MA/NH driver’s license
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed in both office and utility substation environments which requires sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs.
- Work includes calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:3
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor